Senior Mechanical Production Engineer Dorset Carbon60 are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Production Engineer based in Dorset to develop new processes and tooling for NPI...
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Production Engineer to work for an exciting business based in Dorset. The Production Engineer will be based out of a site in Dorset and will involve working on high volume and safety-critical embedded systems for the Industrial and Mobility vehicle markets.
- Support Production Test Equipment
- Assist in the development of new Test Equipment
- Be responsible for controlled software and hardware upgrades to equipment, in response to business demands
- Update and modify Test Equipment software once released by Engineering
- Fault find problems on Test Equipment Rigs and Jigs and Fixtures onsite and remotely
- Advise Technicians on basic fault finding and support
- Design test and control equipment (hardware and software) to improve production processes
- Advise design engineers on Design for Testability
- Advise technicians on best practice for Test Equipment build and wiring
- Assist in the specification and design of test equipment for new products
- Commission Test Equipment built by Technicians.
- Degree or HNC/D in electrical/electronic Engineering with minimum of 2 years' proven work experience in this area
- Software skills including LabVIEW / Lab Windows (Essential).
- Experience of interfacing Industrial PC's to electronic Test Fixtures and Assemblies
- Knowledge of Windows NT, 2000, XP operating systems and PC setup
- Knowledge of best practice test fixture construction and wiring
- Experience working with C, C++, Visual basic, Assembler (PIC) would be considered an advantage
- Knowledge and ability of 2D AutoCAD
- Knowledge of basic Pneumatics an advantage
- Circuit design and layout experience (Protel)
This is an excellent opportunity with a company who values internal progression and development. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.