Conservation Architect A leading AJ100 Practice with a national presence is seeking an architect with experience in the field of conservation and heritage to join their team in Aberystwyth.
This firm of Architects has expertise across all sectors and this particular office has a background of specialising in Conservation projects.
- Developing the Brief.
- Analysing the site and advising on the site context, constraints and opportunities.
- Having an understanding of the various funding streams and protocols involved in conservation work.
- Preparing survey reports, conservation management plans and heritage impact statements.
- Concept design production from briefing information.
- Creation of concept 3D model options.
- Development of preferred concept option into presentation standard models.
- Rendering of model images in specialist software.
- Development of masterplan and building plans using 2D CAD software.
- Development of elevational and sectional models using 2D CAD software.
- Development of design reports and bids in adobe InDesign.
- Manipulation and development of elements of a REVIT whole building model.
Ideally you would either have completed a specialist conservation accreditation/qualification (AABC/SCA or CA) or be in the process of obtaining that accreditation/ qualification. You will ideally have the following personal, professional and software skills to an advanced standard:
- Have a strength in architectural thinking; design strategy and architectural narrative, urban design, aesthetic/proportion, materiality and detail and the ability to realise high quality buildings.
- Experienced in the preparation of historic building specifications and an understanding of working with traditional materials and craftsmanship and an ability to communicate with heritage contractors.
- Have an understanding of the various funding streams and protocols involved in conservation work
- Experience in the procurement of buildings and ability to run projects on site
- REVIT/3D and rendering
- AutoCAD 2D
- Adobe Creative suite
- Microsoft Office
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, access to high profile projects and continued support and development.
Contact Euiain Herring at Carbon60 07545 151365 02920 388757
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.