IELTS OnScreen Marking Writing Examiners (France)
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a public body in the UK, for experienced IELTS Writing Examiners who are based in France to work on a self-employed consultancy basis.
Our client teaches three million learners and teachers of English face-to-face in dedicated teaching centres and online, through a range of courses and are now looking at offering existing IELTS Writing Examiners the chance to mark the written section on-screen remotely from home. This is a significant opportunity to become involved in an exciting and innovative approach to marking.
Specific OSM training will be provided by the client and ongoing support will be provided to help you assess and manage your home-working space, including best practice on Health & Safety.
As an IELTS OSM Writing Examiner you will work from home as part of a core team for between 1.5 and 3.5 days per week from Monday - Thursday (following Saturday tests). Additional work on other days including after Thursday tests, may be available.
You will be expected to complete an allocated quota of marking within a shift. The daily rate quoted below is based on a quota of 100 tasks per full marking day.
Online support will be provided by the client from 7am to 7pm UK time, Monday - Friday. You will. however, be able to start and finish work outside these hours and manage your time in the way that suits you best, taking regular breaks as and when you wish.
£2.18 per task. Examiners marking a full daily quota can expect to earn £218 (gross) per day.
Please ensure that your bank account can accept payments in Sterling.
Required conditions for home-working are listed below:
- A dedicated office-style working space that allows secure and uninterrupted working - a private space where your work cannot be accessed or observed by others.
- A desktop computer with two 17-inch marking screens (15" if laptop), or one large screen (minimum 26").
- Adobe Reader
- A broadband internet connection with average speed 10mbps or above.
- Adequate heating, ventilation and light to ensure a safe and comfortable working environment.
- An appropriate internet security/anti-virus package.
- Access to communication channels including email and telephone.
- All OSM Writing Examiners are required to adhere to the IELTS Code of Practice, Confidentiality Undertaking, and PSN procedures for OSM Writing Examiners.
Skills and Experience:
- Active IELTS Examiner status for Writing (you must be active on the day you start marking).
- Suitable IELTS Writing Examining experience.
- Suitable IELTS Writing certification and monitoring history.
- The required qualifications and professional attributes for the role.
As part of your application you will be required to complete an application form and will also be asked to provide:
- Your IELTS Examiner number
- Your IELTS Examiner certification letter and PSN monitoring records
- Full contact details for your current test centre
Please note the following before applying:
- The vetting process can take between 4-12 weeks
- You will not be able to start marking until you have completed vetting
- Training is remote and must be completed before commencing marking
How to apply
To apply for this position please first download the application form here.
You need to upload the completed application form below. Any applications without a completed application form will be unsuccessful.