Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader required on a full time, permanent basis on behalf of our client who are based on the outskirts of Southampton. The purpose of this role is to improve operational efficiency and optimize team working. Responsible for H&S, Quality and On-Time Delivery of production in the assigned area and team. This role is working the day shift between the hours of 07:30-15:30.
- As well as the role of Team Leader you will be expected to actively carry out Technician responsibilities by contributing to production of parts and assemblies as required.
- Maintain manufacturing facility housekeeping to ensure high levels of 6S and Cleanliness
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies are followed and report any concerns to the Production Supervisor.
- Support all Health & Safety activities - including Risk Assessment and Laser Safety Requirements.
- Supervise technicians ensuring smooth running of production processes.
- Perform return to work interviews.
- Undertake regular performance appraisals and 1-1's with your Team members.
- Support recruitment and interviews for new team roles
- Daily - Start & end day status review with Production Planner & Team Leaders
- Weekly - Production Reviews with Operations Leadership Team
- Assist the Production Planner with scheduling and organizing manufacturing team in assigned area
- Manage team development by organising internal training & ensuring training records are maintained.
- Highlight any relevant external training required to the Production Supervisor and HR Manager
- Review key performance metrics with your Team members; and report results through weekly production meetings and monthly review.
- Monitor yields and first time reject rates with Quality team and lead action to reduce defects.
- Optimise equipment utilisation & work patterns to increase productivity.
- Report all technical issues to the Operations and Engineering teams to enable their support.
- Identify & propose projects to improve quality & efficiency and reduce waste, cost and cycle times.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of manufacturing in similar or relevant industry
- Relevant experience as part of a manufacturing team in a cleanroom environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible in terms of changing work procedures, varying tasks and completing requested overtime if necessary
- Assertiveness & diplomacy
- Non-smoker/vaper (even socially)
- Previous supervisory experience in a cleanroom environment (highly desirable)
- Previous experience in laser/optics manufacturing
- Completion of supervisory training course
- Ability to produce reports in a timely manner
- IOSH Health & Safety course
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
This is a full time, permanent position for a non-smoker/vaper who is happy to work a permanent day shift between 07:30-15:30 Monday-Friday.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search