For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented software engineers to join our team to help us develop and maintain a suite of applications. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
You will be helping us to solve our customer's problems within an agile team. You will have opportunities throughout the Software Lifecycle from requirements capture through to R&D (Research & Development), implementation, automation and test in a wide range of technologies.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have responsibility for packages of work and should be used to working with internal and external customers. You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialisms in frameworks and/or toolsets. Experience of mentoring or team leading would be advantageous.
Key criteria required:
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience in Enterprise Java, C and C++
- Use of object oriented design and enterprise integration patterns
- Understanding of Service Oriented and Web Oriented Architectures
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Fluent in software configuration management, such as Git/Bitbucket
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies in native environments and on the Java stack
Also, we'd love it if you have experience of:
- Agile/Scrum methodologies using tools such as Confluence and Jira
- DevOps approaches and associated tools such as Ansible, Docker and Jenkins
- Messaging and routing technologies, such as Active MQ
- Enterprise Service Bus technologies and integration frameworks, such as Apache Karaf, Apache Camel
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Working with open source products
You will enjoy a growing career as we work collaboratively to innovate the world of security.
Additional information for your consideration:
- You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.
- Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Being a part of the client business gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. The company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.