With a number of significant and exciting development sites underway throughout the borough, Bedford Borough Council is looking for an experienced highway engineer to assist...
Site Manager / Site Supervisor
Northampton NN17 4AZ
6mth Contract Position - 7.30am - 5.30pm
The company is a UK leading organisation specialising in industrial mechanical and electrical installation and maintenance. This is an excellent opportunity for a Site Manager to join the company, supporting projects in Corby and across Northamptonshire from their Earlstree Industrial Estate.
The company has been appointed as the CDM Principal Contractor on a site at Corby, the contract is mainly M&E with 2 months of Civil work being completed by others at the start of the site. The site will be handed back to the customer as soon as the pre commissioning work has been completed. The site Manager will need to be involved ahead of the site deployment by 1 week so that they can familiarise themselves with the project and ensure the site set up is completed on time.
As the appointed CDM Principal Contractor the Site Manager will support the following:
- Inductions for new personnel - Site and Project Specific
- Permits - manage the issuing of permits to work (PTW)
- Periodic H&S Audits and pro-active safety co-ordination
- Toolbox talks and proactive reviews with duty holders
- CDM Daily Paperwork / Documentation - administration duties
- Deal with Contractor queries and H&S aspects
- Method Statement / Risk Assessment review and co-ordination. Deal with any changes to these as arising and ensure work is being carried out in accordance with these documents
- Keep the Working copy of the H&S Construction File up to date
- Review of Progress against the Project Programme alongside the Client's representatives
- Coordination of works - planning, interface of CDM scope of works with normal Clients operations, interfaces, restrictions etc.
- Make sure available welfare facilities provided from the start, and maintained throughout the construction phase.
- CDM area segregation and security in liaison with the Client
Based ideally in the Northamptonshire you will need to live within a commutable distance of NN17 4AZ.
Demonstrable experience of site management with a strong Construction and M&E background is essential for this role.
SMSTS / CSCS / 1ST Aid and NEBOSH
In return for your experience you will receive a salary between £25.00 and £32.00 per hour as well as the range of benefits associated with a market leading organisation.
Please get in touch by sending your current CV or calling David on 07711 734 452 and we can discuss your application in more detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.