A top National Main Contractor based in Birmingham are looking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to their team.A great opportunity to join a business...
ngenuity House, Birmingham - B37 7HQ
8:00 - 5:00 - Monday - Friday
Contract position - permanent.
We are currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to support commercial aspects of project delivery within the Support Services business (including Central Government and Defence). Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor the Quantity Surveyor will support project teams ensuring the provision of the cost effective resource models utilising both internal resource teams and external consultants. You will be part of and contribute to the development of a "Centre of Excellence" style of service that provides a first class service to the central projects team and the account / contract leads, using best practise and industry leading supply chain relationships.
- Lead / support the production of budgets, forecasts and monthly CVR's, through identification of risks and opportunities, contract variations, and additional works revenues.
- Review account project expenditure and maximise income to achieve or exceed budgeted financial performance.Ensure a clear, mutual understanding of the contractual requirements is established.Ensure the timely provision of client commercial reports, including contract variations.
- Support the Project Managers to carry out Tender analysis and prepare client proposals and recommendations.
- Provide ad hoc support and expertise on commercial matters as required.
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment with the operational objectives and the commercial interests of IFM.
As well as many more expected responsibility's.
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work, and capable of working to deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of contract law and demonstrable knowledge of NEC3 & JCT forms of contract
- Mobile and available to travel between sites
- Evaluating variations to contract
- Subcontract and Project Work tendering
- Vendor Appraisal
- Financial acumen
- Analytical ability
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Good IT skills, including the ability to analyse, interpret & manipulate data
- Excellent negotiating skills
- A high level of commercial awareness including knowledge of current contract legislation
- Experience of undertaking commercial & contractual reviews and the preparation of commercial and contractual summaries
- Expert in the application of payment mechanisms and financial/contract reporting
- Experience of negotiating contracts terms to successful close out
In return for your experience you will receive a salary between £42.000 and £50.000 per Annam as well as a range of benefits.
Please get in touch by sending your current CV or calling Demi on 01216434004 to discuss the job in more detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.