Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Want to join an international and growing development team that has the highest standards of technical and product design expertise, coupled with a focus on developing staff, recognising and celebrating success and a great working environment?
We are a truly multidisciplinary team, with engineers from electronics, software, mechanical, system engineering and system test backgrounds all working in integrated teams to develop best in class products and solutions.
To support our ambitious roadmap and growth plans we are actively increasing the size our teams, creating the opportunity for a skilled Senior Principal Software Engineer to join us!
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working on full life-cycle software development.
- Supporting diagnosis and correction of software issues experienced in the field.
- Participate in AGILE-based development.
- Participate in code reviews and regular team meetings.
- Liaise with System Test regarding progress of development tasks
What do you get in return?
Our client offers you a career in an international business with many interesting global projects.
When you join the Company, you'll also enjoy a range of attractive employee benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Option for a compressed working pattern (alternate Fridays off)
- Hybrid Working Policy
- Up to 8% contributory pension scheme.
- Up to 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Healthcare Cover (dependant on level of role)
- Ongoing training and development
- A range of other benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Bike Scheme, EV Car Scheme, Annual Leave Purchase Scheme and more.
Skills & Experience
- Good analytical skills and experience of code and design review for large projects.
- Experience of multi-threaded and distributed applications, preferably with an understanding of network protocols.
- 6+ years' experience in software development environment
- Strong Experience in developing Windows desktop applications in C# (C++ or Java experience acceptable).
- Experience with .NET environment
- Experience with Windows Forms
- Experience with TCP/IP & UDP protocols
- Excited by working for a Global Company with a great reputation in the marine industry
- Wants to participate in building world-class products for marine navigation
- Values joining a highly experienced and professional team of software developers
- Wants to see products in action by participating in sea trials not just the lab
- Can work in a multi-disciplinary Product Development environment
If you meet some but not all of the above criteria then we still want to hear from you, as we have a number of opportunities available and we may be able to match you to another role!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.