Lead Planner (Offshore Wind)
Role - Lead Planner (Offshore Wind)
Location - Remote - Attendance in Scotland once or twice per month + Occasional Site visits
Start Date - February
Duration - 12 Months + Possible Extension
Rates - £650 Daily Rate Inside IR35 via Umbrella
Clearance - BPSS
- Must have Full UK Working Rights to be considered for this position.
- Lead the Planning team and manage the Programme schedule (Primavera P6) ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, the Project Board and Lenders as required.
- Co-ordinate development and management of the detailed project Execution programme, integrating Contractor programmes, internal Project Management, Financing and Engineering activities, and Regulatory/Consenting requirements, ensuring alignment with key project milestones and schedule
drivers and accounting for interfaces between packages and scopes of work.
- Undertake analysis of Delay Events notified within Contractors' Claims to determine the validity of theseclaims.
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of project change control notifications, and schedule impact of progress reported.
- Co-ordinating monthly updates to Project programme.
- Work closely with Interface and Package managers to ensure project interfaces are optimised for Project delivery.
- Manage project programme reporting outputs
- Take a leading role in Schedule Risk Analysis, both through What-if scenario planning, and through use of quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis tools.
- Assist Project Management decision making by providing clear and concise analysis of impacts of schedule delays and mitigation strategies.
- Regular presentation of programme information to senior leadership both within the project and within the wider Renewables business.
- Assist in training and development of other team members.
- Significant major Project Planning experience, working within large, multi-contract Engineering and Construction projects, including building fully integrated complex activity networks.
- Experience in a similar role within offshore wind
- Significant experience of leading a Project Planning team.
- Highly skilled user of Primavera P6 planning software.
- Experience in carrying out delay analysis and analysis of schedule implications of contractor claims.
- Experience in running what-if scenarios and schedule risk analysis.
- Ability to produce clear and concise information that will assist senior management decision making.
- Focus on continuous improvement, striving to improve the quality of planning output as an aid to project decision making.
- Commercial Awareness - knowledge of construction contracting structures.
- Financial Awareness - knowledge of project financing strategies, routes to market within the wind industry, and an understanding of the interrelations between programme and revenue returns.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.