V&V Engineers (Systems/Software)
NB!!! Please only apply if you are a sole British National
My client is an international market leader in the defence sector especially dealing with Naval projects
The Systems V&V Engineer is responsible for contributing towards the team lead in managing, planning, leading and reporting of IVVTQA activities of an assigned project/programme, throughout the engineering lifecycle, in order to provide evidence that supports compliance of products to their associated requirements.
Each Systems V&V Engineer is responsible for their assigned activities for an assigned project, review of documentation, implement V&V tasks in support of IVVTQA events along with leading and coaching the junior team members. You will support the Systems V&V Team Lead in delivering IVVTQA into multi-disciplined project teams.
* Personal Line Management tasks, which includes timesheet completion and Training
* Continuous implementation of IVVTQA best practice to internal and external stakeholders.
* Support department process improvement and contribute ideas to enhance the function and areas of IVVTQA growth.
* Attend and input into the IVVTQA department via cascade meetings.
* Comply and implement all policies, processes and procedures relating to Line Management and Technical delivery.
* Provide support, supervision and guidance of junior IVVTQA team members.
* Comply with security requirements.
* Support adherence to Health and Safety of staff and visitors as required for IVVTQA activities.
Technical delivery/Project Specific responsibilities
* Support an evidence based approach for IVVTQA activities relating to an assigned project.
* Contribute to delivery of project IVVTQA deliverables, supporting recruitment, continuous process improvement, day to day delivery of IVVTQA as a function.
* Facilitate, with support, IVVTQA requests from the Project management team for technical requirements including changes to demand of activity scope.
* Understand the need for estimating scope of, and effort relating to, IVVTQA activities, work package management, monitor and report spend in order to deliver to an agreed timescale and budget
* Apply IVVTQA principles and best practice across the SE lifecycle, from requirements, design, integration and the V&V stages, supporting the acceptance process.
* Contribute towards key elements of IVVTQA management plans, processes using approved methods, SQEP and resources
* Aid creation and perform IVVTQA activities as per approved plans, processes and procedures.
* Maintain alignment, or a tailored approach, of IVVTQA lifecycle activities in accordance with department and Industry standards
* Support IVVTQA at Project reviews, including Design reviews, Risk, Change Impact etc.
* Conduct Fault management, aid quantify rectification and regression scope, reporting to both project and the IVVTQA department.
* Implementation of regulatory and legislative measures (safety and security) for IVVTQA activities to ensure compliance.
Essential qualifications / experience
* Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent experience in IVVTQA/ITEA for Systems Engineering/Software Engineering or Control Systems Engineering
* Competent in the use of DOORS or similar requirements management tool
* Experience of conducting of IVVTQA activities within a Systems Engineering lifecycle
* Previous IVVTQA experience in accordance with Military/Defence/Industry Standards
* Experience being a key contributor as part of an IVVTQA/Systems engineering team
* Verification management tool experience (test campaigns) and reporting associated metrics
* Fault diagnostic skills including fault identification, management, remediation measures and reporting
* High standard of technical writing to produce documentation (Plans, Processes, Procedures, Reports)
* Self-starter, to assign and execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
* Proficient user of MS office applications, Word, Visio, Power Point, Excel etc.
* Confident in presenting at reviews/meetings to both internal and external stakeholders
* ISTQB Certified
* Experienced in software and hardware testing experience of complex PLC based control systems, other complex HMI control systems
* MBSE/OOSE, capability delivery, or other concepts to supplement the traditional SE/IVVTQA approach.
* Leading Intelligent Verification and Test Automation
* Member of an industry body such as; INCOSE, IET, IEEE, Engineering Council, IEC/ISO 15288,IEC/ISO 12207, ARP 4754 or similar engineering lifecycle approach
* Previous experience in the Aerospace/Defence industry or similar domain that designs and develops complex, multi-layered solutions including System of Systems (SoS)
* Familiarity with IEC 61508/ARP 4761/DEF STAN 00-56 or similar functional safety standards
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.