Carbon60 are working with a UK defence company who specialise in designing and producing missiles and missile systems on a site based in Bolton, UK. The Electrical Fitter will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing and test tasks within the electrical department, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
This role would be perfect for someone with experience in this role previously and who has wiring experience. As this role is within the defence industry, the successful candidate will have to be a British National.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Certify the product in line with Product Certification procedure.
- Demonstrated ability / willingness to certify own work in line with company quality standards.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant test times are met.
- Formal technical engineering/ craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21. - Electrical Apprenticeship
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent.
- IPC 610 certified/ trained preferred.
- Possess experience in electrical wiring and assembly.
- Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
Salary: £17.80 rising to £18.82 PAYE (£23.91 rising to £25.30 Umbrella)
If this is of interest please apply or contact
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.