We're currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to contribute to the company's success by assisting the Commercial Manager in effectively managing the financial aspects of multiple projects within the construction industry
Location: Manchester Area (Full UK Driving essential with Car allowance)
Salary: Up to £65,000 per year
Contract: Full-time, Permanent role
You will be assisting the Commercial Manager in leading the financial management of various projects to ensure profitability and success.
- Compile and issue valuations/applications for payments.
- Provide commercial reporting on matters like cost/value reconciliations.
- Manage subcontractor appointments and accounts, including interim payments and Health & Safety information.
- Evaluate changes such as variations and compensation events.
- Prepare and agree on final accounts.
- Liaise with clients and the supply chain on commercial matters.
- Submit applications for extensions of time and prepare loss and expense claims as necessary.
- Assist the estimating department in tender pricing where appropriate.
- Undertake general contract administration duties.
- Maximize profits on allocated projects.
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement, including financial management, design portion allocation, and warranties.
- Provide commercial guidance to the Project Team on change control procedures and contract administration.
- Handle dispute avoidance, management, and resolution.
- Conduct risk management, analysis, and mitigation.
- Sound experience in quantity surveying.
- Broad knowledge of the construction sector and building processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation abilities.
- Ability to manage risk issues effectively.
- Knowledge of construction contract law.
- Proficient in using IT systems, email, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- NEC Contract Experience
This position presents an ideal opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor in Manchester to make a significant impact within a dynamic and growing organisation. With your expertise and background, you have the potential to thrive in this role and contribute to the continued success of our client team. If this is something that may be of interest, please get in touch with me on 07918588536
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.