Mechanical BIM Coordinator
New Job! Mechanical BIM Coordinator £45,000 - £55,000 per Annum - #Chester
Our Client is one of the world's leading design consultancies within the Infrastructure and Environmental arena and they are looking to expand within the UK with an ambitious business plan and is now seeking a Mechanical Digital Engineering (BIM) Coordinator to join our team in the UK Office. In this role, you will be pivotal in delivering projects within budget, on time, and in alignment with the highest standards and our Digital Engineering (BIM) strategy.
As a Mechanical Digital Engineering (BIM) Coordinator, you will play a critical role in delivering projects successfully while adhering to budget and timescales. You will collaborate with cross-discipline stakeholders to provide optimal solutions for our clients. Responsibilities include providing accurate engineering design documentation, adhering to HSEQ standards, and contributing to the professional and personal development of junior team members.
- Accountable for completing all designated work within the specified program and budget.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Project, and BIM/Digital Engineering teams to provide optimal solutions for clients.
- Provide accurate engineering design documentation in compliance with standards and procedures.
- Maintain a good awareness of HSEQ, including CDM responsibilities and best professional practices.
- Foster strong working relationships with internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Commit to your own professional and personal development and actively participate in mentoring and training junior design team members.
- Adhere to the BIM/Digital Engineering strategy, workflows, processes, and standards set by the Digital Engineering (BIM) Manager.
- Ensure that junior team members also adhere to the above.
- Perform BIM coordination, including clash detection and 4D as a minimum.
- Attend BIM reviews and coordination meetings as needed.
Specific Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, including 2D and 3D modelling, creation of general arrangement drawings, equipment setting out drawings, and modelling of vendor items.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D expertise, including running pipework within the software and modelling from specs created in the office, as well as isometrics.
- Revit knowledge for MEP pipework and equipment modelling using Revit families created in the office, and the ability to set up GAs in Revit.
- Experience with point cloud viewer software and Autodesk Recap.
- Knowledge, interpretation, and application of relevant client, industry, and BIM/Digital Engineering standards, such as ISO19650.
- Ability to build positive relationships across diverse teams and client groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain complex issues concisely.
- Experience with Common Data Environments (CDE) and Collaborative Working Platforms in BIM environments.
- Excellent working knowledge of collaboration and federation platforms, especially NavisWorks.
- Proven BIM Coordination experience, including up to 4D minimum.
- Experience in running model reviews and coordination meetings with various stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of BIM/Digital Engineering standards, processes, and workflows, with many years of experience working in BIM/Digital Engineering environments and delivering to BIM/Digital Engineering standards.
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators):
- Quality of deliverables.
- Successful coordination meetings.
- Compliance with BIM/Digital Engineering strategy and assistance to junior BIM team members.
- Promotion, advocacy, and support for BIM/Digital Engineering project delivery.
- Increase efficiencies in design and delivery, and reduce waste (time, money, resources, etc).
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Enhanced parental leave and wellbeing resources.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Opportunities for skill growth and career advancement.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.