Carbon60 are currently hiring for Mechanical Assemblers/Fitters to join a well known engineering company based in Orton Southgate, Peterborough. The company design, builds and services advanced water treatment units that can be used within a variety of sectors.
This position will focus on the physical build of the products, this will involve varied mechanical assembly within the workshop working alongside electrical technician and other engineers within the business.
The ideal candidate will have previous mechanical assembly experience.
The role will be on a Full time basis.
6 Month contract initially with prospect to go permanent.
Working times are 07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Friday. 37.5 hour week.
Standard salary would up to £28,000 but DOE.
Overtime is available at time and a half for all hour up to 45. Double time for hours after 45 and triple time for bank holiday.
Further Responsibilities will include:
- Working from detailed engineering drawings.
- Use of all bench tools such as sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers etc.
- Work within a team consisting of both mechanical and electrical fitter.
- Carry out maintenance tasks as and when required.
- Adhere to the company health and safety procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous mechanical fitting/assembly experience is essential for this role.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Any experience with PVC pipework and valves or previous water sector knowledge is highly advantageous however this is not essential as training can be provided.
Immediate starts for this role are available with interviews being held shortly.
Come on and apply for this position!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.