We are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager for our client who is looking for experienced candidates to join their team. The role will be based in Thurso and the job will be looking to start as soon as possible for up to 12 months work.
The key duties:
- Identification, development and delivery of project development and Inward Investment opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities; ensuring these are reviewed and actioned in a timely fashion ensuring that all enquiries are recorded and followed up.
- Seeking to identify and develop area-specific, sectoral or client specific propositions. Liaising with partners to expand the evidence and supporting materials through gap analysis of the needs of potential investors. Developing new material in response to information requests from partners and potential investors as needed.
- Responsible for developing promotional events, meetings and media activities to promote opportunities to invest in or develop opportunities in Caithness and North Sutherland.
- Targeting potential investors to visit our region, working with partners and other relevant organisations such as Scottish Development International and HIE's Inward investment and Area teams to develop and participate in visit programmes, ensuring that each is developed to match the clients set criteria and needs
- Identify routes to attract finance and other resources to increase the attractiveness of C&NS as an area to do business
- Providing support, input and review of propositions prior to client delivery when requested
- Ensuring appropriate compliance with all aspects of governance, including risk management and audit and compliance requirements
- Working in a collaborative and open way with Partners, seeking opportunities to cross-refer and develop joint approaches
- Experience of opportunity development from inception to delivery
- Experience of identifying, qualifying, developing and closing commercial opportunities
- Experience of appraising and developing business cases
- Experience of working as part of a team but particularly a track record of working on own initiative to develop opportunities
- Prior experience successful development of project and inward investment opportunities in the public and/or private sectors, working to deadlines and prioritising workload.
- Customer contract management experience and experience of negotiating win-win contracts with multiple partners
- Prior experience of operating in a complex business /organisational environment with high standards of scrutiny, governance and accountability
- Experience in building effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of projects involving public bodies, private sector companies and academic institutions
- Knowledge of locally important sectors such as renewable energy
- Knowledge of the Caithness & North Sutherland and wider Highlands and Islands areas/ economies
- Degree qualified in a relevant business discipline or demonstrable equivalent work experience
The salary for the Business Development Manager role is £365 - £400 per day depending on experience. This role also attracts accommodation allowance per day for travellers. If you are interested and have the skills and qualifications for this exciting opportunity in Thurso please send your CV directly to this AD or contact Carbon60 on 0141 353 2354 and ask for Grant or Andy.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted