Aircraft Supply Officer / Buyer12 Month Contract (extensions possible)Accountabilities:Lead the project management activities and support the company project leader for the implementation of these programme...
Carbon60 are looking to recruit a Buyer for our client in the Bristol area. The job is for 3 months, paying £20 p/h. We are looking for Buyers with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of GCSE passes in Mathematics and English at Grade 'C' or higher or equivalent.
- Hold or working towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply - Level 4 or equivalent relevant qualification.
- The Buyer should have an appropriate level of knowledge in supply chain and procurement of goods/services. They must demonstrate a basic knowledge of good business practice.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work in different areas of the site to gain experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all Contracts within the individual's authority meet the clients Commercial, Health and Safety policies and procedures and are compliant within the legal entity that they are being placed.
- Ensuring appropriate Contract Terms and Conditions are applied to all Contracts (including Sub-Contract and Purchase Orders) placed. This shall include the consideration, negotiation and agreement of Terms and Conditions with suppliers, within the individual's authorised commercial and financial delegation.
- To source, process and place Contracts in sufficient time to meet the required delivery date, ensuring that the best total acquisition cost is achieved, consistent with the specified technical, quality assurance and delivery requirements. It is recognised that requirements may be identified by the Business teams at short notice or within agreed lead times or Supply Contract agreements, where this is the case Buyers are expected to endeavour to meet the needs of the business whilst ensuring that all corporate, regulatory and legislative requirements are complied with.
- Assist with the development and negotiation of Contract Terms and Conditions under the guidance and direction of the appropriate responsible manager.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers relevant to their transactional activity or as directed by the Senior Buyer or appropriate responsible manager, ensuring Contract terms are monitored and performance is communicated to suppliers as necessary to ensure continued or improved satisfactory performance levels are achieved, as part of the continuous improvement of vendors.
Anyone interested in this role that has the experience and qualifications should send their CV's direct to this AD or contact Carbon60 on 0141 353 2354 and ask for Grant or Jan.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.