Carbon60 provides specialist recruitment, fixed price and managed services solutions within the Aviation, Construction, Defence, Engineering and Technology sectors across the UK, Europe, Middle East...
Events, PR and Protocol Manager - UK (Maternity Cover)
- To assist in promoting the company, the brand, products and capabilities - to customers and the UK aerospace business community
- To project manage and deliver high profile events and visits to enable the company to engage with customers, influencers and business critical stakeholders
- Assist with media relations events across the UK
- Assist with local sponsorship and branding activities as necessary
- Good working relationship with senior management and business areas (particularly Defence and Space UK) to understand and satisfy their hospitality requirements
- Close cooperation with Stevenage and Portsmouth site management and services for visits, media events, etc.
- Close working relationship with UK Communications and Marketing teams across Airbus to ensure consistent communication, visibility and best practice sharing
- Regular communication with VIP customers/contacts
- Good working relationship with suppliers for events, venues, catering etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to pre plan and manage large scale and high profile events
- Good working knowledge of the company and industry contacts
- Ability to work with people from all levels, from local contractors to Ministers and VIPs
- Ability to work with online event management system
Qualifications and experience required for the job
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written)
- 5+ years of experience in organising and managing corporate hospitality events
- Knowledge of organising VIP visits
- All round knowledge of office procedures, PC literate in Word, Excel and Aventri (training can be provided in Aventri). Outlook experience required
- Good understanding of budget control and procurement process
- Good understanding of compliance regulations and processes
- Plan, organise and manage corporate hospitality events/VIP visits in the UK (nominally Defence and Space, but all of Airbus as required). Including selecting venues, invitation management, guest/staff registration, liaising with suppliers, caterers, transport etc. to ensure the smooth delivery of the event
- Engage with Senior Management and their offices for all hospitality and VIP visit requirements
- Support and arrange VIP, media, industry and community visits when required
- Support high profile PR activities in the Space domain to raise the profile of the UK space industry and the company's position in this industry.
- Focal point for local DS UK sponsorship at Stevenage and Portsmouth sites only
- Support to the UK DS Communications Director as required
- Focal point for site rebranding at Stevenage and Portsmouth only
- Support launch events and local site activities
The hourly rate for the role is £28.00 Ltd Company or £21.65 PAYE.
If you would like to pursue the role, dont hesiate to apply within.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.