Are you looking for a new contract and have EPOS experience?We want to hear from you!We have a new opening for a Software Developer, the...
An opportunity for a Software Engineer to join one of the world's leading Aerospace companies based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire initially on a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension. The role of Software Engineer will be working on mission critical Aerospace programmes, part of the On-Board Software and Data Processing Unit working on space systems, satellite platforms, payloads and equipment.
The Onboard Software Validation Engineer will be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. You will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic group working at the centre of embedded software development on one of the exciting Space missions currently under development, Exomars Rover of Solar Orbiter.
The role of Software Engineer is varied and will include:-
- Developing test procedures, execution, debug and formal results preparation.
- Investigating anomalies including liaison with software designers and requirements authors.
- Responsible for inspection of test procedures versus applicable technical and process requirements.
- Configuration and administration of updated test software.
Knowledge of the following is required:-
- Relevant degree in Software, Computer Science or similar
- Experience in real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle processes
- Java programming, C coding; Linux scripting
- Proficiency in validating software against baseline requirements
Knowledge of the following is desirable:-
- ECSS software engineering standards (Q-80B, E-40)
- ER32/LEON/SPARC processor
- MIL-STD 1553b and/or spacewire
- Linux Red Hat 4.x
If you are a Software Engineer with a proven background in real-time embedded software engineering and would like to work for one of the world's leading Aerospace companies, please apply on-line.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.