Account Support AdministratorCardiffWe work closely with a company who provide a range of retailers with a single source service for all their goods not for...
A temporary vacancy for an Engineer for NDT In-Service has arisen at my client's site in Filton. The jobholder is responsible for the development of general and specific inspection procedures (NTM - Non Destructive Testing Manual) used by A/C operators, has full accountability on the delivery of Feasibility Studies, Technical Notes, Inspection reports and Qualification Tests documentation to support the delivery of procedures. He/she is responsible to contribute to the development of NDT methods for In-Service applications and has full accountability on the delivery of test results and other real time support to customer services queries.
This position will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Manages the list of feasibility studies and inspection procedures to be developed under his/her scope, prepares progress reports and planning reports for next months.
- Provides support to technical qualifications (i.e. Probability of Detection) of new NDT methods or applications, for manufacturing or in-service applications. Supports and optimizes technical qualifications by means of CIVA, NDT simulation software.
- Supports the development of new procedures during the structural tests and teardown stages to prepare their potential application on In-Service conditions.
This role will involve some travel for business once a trimester in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Skills and experience:
- Educated to Bachelor degree level (or equivalent) in Physics, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 1 to 3 year experience in NDT (Phased Array Ultrasonics Testing (PAUT) experience will be considered)
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with Office suite.
- Open-minded, open to receive ideas, proposals or critics from other colleagues.
- Adaptable to different work environments, cultures, approaches.
- Capable of working in a transnational team with the operational manager sitting abroad.
- Self-organised, no micro-management in the team.
- Language Skills: Negotiation level of English. Other languages will be well considered.
The initial contract is for 12 months. You would be expected to work a 35 hour week whereby the hourly rate is £30.00 Ltd Company or £23.19 PAYE.
If you would like to pursue the role, don't hesitate to apply within.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.