Communication Products Project ManagerLocation: PortsmouthContract Duration: 12 Months with likelihood of extensionBasic Hours: 37 hours per week. 8:00AM-5:00PM. Overtime opportunities availableSecurity Clearance: BPSS (DBS Check...
Maritime Product Manager
Interested in working for an aerospace and Defense Company as a product/project manager then this role may be for you!
The purpose of the role is to manage the lifecycle of various Communications Products in the Maritime environment for Government and Military customers (UK/US and EMEA) within the Product Management Team of Secure Communications, This role will primarily focus on the SCOT Maritime Products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with Marketing, Business Intelligence & Pricing teams
- Monitor and suggest improvements to the financial and technical performance of the Product
- Be the internal customer and conduct user trials before product commissioning
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues to address any issues that may arise.
- Maintain the product promotion in the portfolio
- Develop a sound understanding of the product commercial aspects (pricing strategies, costs, margins)
- Propose actions to increase margins (renegotiation of tariffs, improvement efficiencies, new price schemes)
- Manage the product Lifecycle, creating the roadmap and alignment of R&D with R&T
- Working with the Product Engineering team developing Maritime products
Essential Requirements - Professional Experience
- Experience of Product Management / Marketing / Development
- Understanding of financial metrics and measures
- Understanding of Product Management proficiencies
- Understanding of the Maritime market and requirements
- Understanding of Maritime communications products, technology and their applications
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience of working in the Military / Government / maritime related environment
- Experience of Satellite communications
- Experience of working in diverse international teams
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.