Manufacturing Team Leader ContractHampshirePosition SummaryThe position is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer...
AIT Test Team Leader
Working as a member of the Assembly Integration and Test team with Mechanical and Electrical specialists whose objective is to produce world leading satellite payloads.
The Test Team Lead is responsible for the Electrical Operations Team to guarantee the delivery of all test phases on multiple projects. The role is to ensure that the Test Operators are focused on the correct priorities so that test activities are completed on the communications module to strict deadlines and of the highest quality.
The Test Team Lead will drive continuous improvements and the reduction on non-quality in the area of electrical and RF test operations.
- Ownership of their cleanroom bay ensuring only permitted people can enter the area and to ensure all operators are using the correct PPE for the task. Near miss hazard identification with team including frequent bay walk a rounds and actively solve local issues.
- Ensure each person entering their bay is attired correctly for working in the cleanroom based on agreed rules, and actively challenge anybody who is not conforming to these regulations and escalating as necessary. Coats fully fastened, earth straps, beard covers, shoes, etc.
- Management of all cleanroom operational processes owned by the payload test team for all payload test phases.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out to the correct level of quality and any issues are tackled with the team. Carry out PPS (Practical Problem Solving) sessions to define root causes and escalate as required.
- On projects, the test team leader has the responsibility of taking first action following anomaly or deviation i.e. the test team leader is responsible for logging into Pandora and carry out first level diagnosis.
- Electrical and/ or RF Engineering skills
- Experience in Electrical Test environment
- HND or Degree in Electrical / Electronic discipline, Electrical Test Engineering or RF & Communications
- Management and/ or Team leading experience, with leadership abilities
- Aerospace, Communications, Automated Test Equipment development
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.