Interested in working as a project/Finance controller for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
Your role would be to actively manage the financial situation of multiple satellites supply projects. To ensure all deliverables are met with regard to monthly reporting to Primes or to ensure accurate and timely reporting to the local Controlling Business Partners or to the Work Package Managers (WPM), Project Managers (PM), Business Unit Leaders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce monthly financial reporting on project Key Performance Indicators comparing.
- Actuals against Budget and Forecast [Sales, Margin, Cost, & Cash].
- Hold regular cost reviews with Work Package Managers to capture CTC e.g. Engineering, Procurement, etc. Take into account resourcing requirements.
- Quarterly amendments to the CDP Pool to reflect the latest project status after agreement with the UK Financial Controller / Prime Controllers and Business Unit Leaders.
- Forecasting of project resourcing/manpower requirements by work package.
- Analysis of project key risks & opportunities and presentation to Controlling Business Partner.
- Quarterly tracking of major project non-quality events for communication to senior Management.
- Forecasting and management of project foreign currency requirements [EUR, USD, CAD].
- Ensure that the impacts of any project changes e.g. scope, schedule, etc. [on Sales, Margin, Cost, & Cash] are properly controlled and assist the Project Manager with creating Contract Change Notes / Change Proposals.
- Work closely with the Finance team to support the consolidation of the overall program financials.
- High MS Excel literacy.
- Knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse, Impact.
- Financially aware with high business partnering acumen.
- Honours degree or equivalent in mathematics, sciences, finance or business.
- Critical thinking & ability to constructively challenge the operational business.
- Good communication skills - an ability to make finance important to non-finance people.
- Highly numerate and computer literate.
- Experience from management accounting role within a project based environment, CIMA or ACCA qualified or trainee.
- Another European Language (French / German) would be advantageous.
- Demonstration of international work experience.
- Digitally aware and can demonstrate active professional engagement with media forums.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.