We are currently recruiting for Junior Control Systems Engineers to join a well-known and expanding Industrial Automation company based in Cambridge.The purpose of this position...
Power/Analogue Design Engineer
Interested in working as a Power/Analogue Design Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
A vacancy has arisen for an Analogue/Power Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Stevenage.
The Communication Products Group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in Telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the digital telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical responsibility for electronic design of analog and power circuitry and power interfaces for processor equipment, starting from the customer specification through to delivered flight hardware.
- Commissioning of prototype designs at board and unit level, debug, characterisation and design verification.
- Generating design concepts and detailed circuit design, component selection, simulation and schematic capture of analog and power circuits.
- Designing with consideration of PCB power integrity, board size constraints, thermal dissipations, grounding, fault propagation and electrical safety.
- Generation of documentation to support equipment design e.g. Worst Case Analysis, Parts Stress Analysis, FMECA.
- Following design processes and supporting customer reviews, both internal and external to the company.
- Power electronic circuit design
- Knowledge of active protection circuits, magnetics, and DC-DC converters, preferably in the range of 100V downwards
- Design analyses and willingness to provide hands-on support to hardware assembly, integration, environmental qualification and production testing.
- Experience of schematic design capture and simulation using packages such as Matlab, PSpice, Cadence and mentor Graphics Tools (e.g. DxDesigner / CES flow, Expedition, Hyperlynx)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.