An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a prestigious aviation manufacturing organisation based in the South Wales area.The requirement is for a finance analyst to...
This role is for a top global aviation & aerospace company/
The V&V Engineer is responsible to the V&V Team Lead for executing allocated V&V Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
In order to demonstrate suitability for release of a Product, System or Service the V&V Engineer is responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and executing tests based on System Requirements. This will include the capturing of results, preparation of Verification Compliancy Matrices and production of Results and Reporting documentation.
Carbon60 is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy and service provider. Working across the Aviation, Construction & Property, Defence, Energy and Engineering Technology sectors. Based in the UK, Europe and Saudi Arabia, Carbon60 has over 40 years' experience delivering innovative solutions beyond standard recruitment activities.
- Salary - £400 a day
- Contract Duration - 6 Months
- Based in Newport NP10 8FZ
Planned versus Actual metrics for cost, time and quality against completed Work Packages. To design and develop tests identified in the V&V Plan to demonstrate compliance of requirements in line with project delivery milestones. To support the design and development of critical software components where decisions may impact project timescales significantly.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
- Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
- Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Cryptographic Devices
- Windows hosted software applications
- Embedded software applications
- TEMPEST approval of equipment
- CE approval of equipment
- Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
- Cyber Defence Systems/Services
- Must understand Requirements Management and traceability
- Must understand work package definition and estimation
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Good understanding of Configuration Control
- ISTQB Software Test qualified to at least Foundation Certificate standard
- CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
- Experience and working knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE) hardware, software and test data development/preparation
- Automated Testing Techniques
- Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
- ISDN Telecommunications equipment and network management
- TCP/IP network configuration and test
- Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
- Black box software testing
- EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
- Experience of formal Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS)
Experience of product V&V to achieve UK approved cryptographic/TEMPEST standards
With this being a fantastic role and a great package for a global aerospace company - the opportunities are endless. Despite being a contracted role, there will be opportunities to extend the contract or seek further roles within this company.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.