Carbon60 are looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Section for our client in the Aberdeen area. The job is a permanent position, with a...
Carbon60 are looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Section for our client in the Aberdeen area. The job is a permanent position, with a salary up to £55k per annum.
We are looking for a Deputy Head of Section with the following Qualifications & Experience:
- x5 Years Senior Engineer Experience
- Marine Experience
- Earth Works Experience
- SMSTS Ticket
- Civil Engineering (Degree Qualified)
- CSCS Membership
- CPCS Appointed Person: Lifting operations (red card)
- First Aid
Job Roles & Responsibilities of the Deputy Head of Section:
- Organising and Management of Site/Senior engineers
- QA control - ITRs & ITPs (including designer and client co-ordination)
- Technical queries - ensure they are dealt with in a timely manor
- Raising NCRs and ensuring any remedial work is carried out promptly
- RAMS documents
- Write and sign off Lifting Plans
- 2/3 weekly plans / programmes & completing as built information to track progress
- Material Approvals - liaising with Supply-Chain
- Weekly Inspections (environmental and safety)
- Aid foremen with plant orders
- Cost control with aid from Site/Senior Engineers
- Progress reports
- Receive the Clients brief/remit, formulate the scope of works and develop the design philosophy.
- Compile the fee for design delivery
- Provide best value working design solutions to technical problems.
- Manage members of the design team to ensure the timely delivery of information, checking the work of other members of staff and providing assistance to their continued learning and development
- Undertake calculations using design software but also by hand as required.
- Provide sufficient information and support to enable Technicians to produce detailed design drawings suitable for construction
- Have a working knowledge of Statutory Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Have a working knowledge of the CDM 2015 regulations, ensuring that designs are compliant and produce Designers Risk Assessments for projects
- Produce written reports and specifications for works
- Undertake site visits and site surveys
- Attend design review meetings and progress meetings and act as the point of contact for the Client
- Coordinate the appointment of sub consultants/specialists necessary to complete the design process
Anyone interested in this role that has the experience and qualifications should send their CV's direct to this AD, or contact Carbon60 on 0141 3532354 and ask for Grant or Jan.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.