CAT A License EngineerBristol Carbon60 have a new position available for a Cat A Licensed Engineer to work a permanent position based in Bristol. ...
Repair Design Engineer
Interested in working as an Repair Design Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
As part of the Wing Structures Engineering Repair team you will be a Repair Design Engineer supporting all the in-service fleet. This is an exciting and challenging role that requires an understanding of the aircraft repair/engineering process, particularly AP2433, M20037 and M21031
You will be able to demonstrate the following
- Robust engineering background (preferably aeronautical based).
- Proven knowledge of aircraft structures (composite and / or metallic).
- Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings and associated documentation (SRM, AMM, IPC).
- Manage technical queries involving the analysis of AOG and work stoppage situations to identify the most practical, feasible and time saving solution whilst resisting high commercial pressures.
- Designing repairs for composite or metallic damage through to repair of major structural components..
- High quality, integrated repair/engineering solutions are provided for airline operators/ MRO's on time, cost and quality requirements and enable aircraft return to service with minimum grounding time.
- Create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data.
- All tasks and activities required for allocated tasks are correctly planned, resourced, monitored and executed to achieve required quality standards & meet customer time-scales.
- Create and maintain open lines of communication to ensure that all actors within the repair/engineering activity are kept informed of any issues that may impact the delivery of the solution.
- Provide support to the Repair team in operating effectively with the appropriate use of project management control and measures to achieve these objectives.
- All customers are effectively informed of and are satisfied with Repairs engineering performance.
- Interrogation of design/maintenance documentation, a minimum requirement with the ability to interrogate engineering drawings and associated published manuals (SRM, AMM, IPC, AFM).
- Ability to liaise/negotiate with Design/Production, NatCos, Customer Services, DOA, Risk sharing partners and Suppliers.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and across all departments, set objectives and prioritise time, cost and quality.
- Good understanding of project management and resource planning.
- Be conversant with the technical requirements for designing repairs.
- The ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables and prioritise.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.