Carbon60 are looking to recruit a Senior Waste Characterisation Specialist for our client in the Thurso area. The job is for 12 months, paying £340-£415 per day. The role also attracts an accommodation allowance for travellers.
- Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- Experience and familiarity with Waste Characterisation and Characterisation planning in a decommissioning context. (Experience of all or some Inferred/Calculation, Non-Destructive Assay and Laboratory Analysis approaches to activity assessment and fingerprint generation).
- Will consider Trainee's at Characterisation Specialist level.
- Apply specialised characterisation knowledge and experience to assist client organisations and project teams in implementing the lifetime plan and waste and fuel strategies for the site.
- Provide advice on characterisation to the waste directorate and site project teams.
- Review and report to the Waste Characterisation Manager problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions as required
- Manage, model and interpret waste characterisation data sets
- Provide specialist characterisation support to interface with internal and external stakeholders including NDA, SEPA, ONR and EURATOM.
- Develop and implement improvements to the characterisation parts of the site Waste Management System including but not limited to technical specifications, procedures and advice notes.
- Review and approve/endorse waste characterisation documentation including advice notes and activity assessments.
- Mentor characterisation specialists on matters related to regulatory and waste compliance.
- Provide site training on waste and fuel characterisation.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Be appointed to RWA Corporate Body.
Anyone interested in this role that has the experience and qualifications should send their CV's direct to this AD or contact Carbon60 on 0141 3532354 and ask for Grant or Jan.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.