Electronics Design Engineer South West Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an Electronic Design Engineer to work for a global and innovative manufacturing business based in...
Carbon60 are recruiting for an Embedded Linux Software Engineer to work for a global and innovative manufacturing business based in the South West. The role will involve working on process control applications with a focus on the planning, design and development of Software for an embedded Linux based System.
- Minimum Hons Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or related subject.
- Software design in C/C++ and Python within a Linux operating system (including kernel drivers, system libraries and user space development).
- Requirements gathering and capturing these in formal specifications.
- System architecture design.
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum project management methods and ability to participate in the project planning process.
- Knowledge of build systems such as Yocto and LTIB and communication interface protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP and USB.
- Unit testing and continuous integration testing.
- Distributed version control software such as Mercurial and Git and issue tracking software such as JIRA.
- Experience of the complete development cycle from concept through to final manufacture.
- Security - Development of security assurance processes that protect data and the resources contained in and controlled by that software.
- System administration
- UML detailed design
- Understanding of electronics hardware design including microcontroller applications, design schematics and datasheets.
- Industrial network protocols such as Modbus RTU, Profibus.
- Development of safety related systems to standards such as MISRA-C.
- Experience of using emulators for real time software development.
- Static analysis and debugging tools such as Lint, Valgrind and GDB
- Knowledge of modern web-based interfaces.
- Design, implementation and test of embedded software running within a Linux environment used within products and supporting equipment
- Support in the preparation of departmental policy manuals, working practices, design procedures and guidelines such as the software coding standard.
- Conducting feasibility studies and research into new methods of industrial network interfaces and control and the evaluation of relevant new technologies.
- Production of specifications for new products including associated project plans and test programs.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leading and large manufacturer who offer an excellent salary and package. For more information, please call Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.