We are looking for a Bid Coordinator to work with this large Engineering organisation who manufacture equipment used in Civil Engineering projects. The Bid Coordinator...
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Quality Technician to work for a large manufacturing business based in Southampton, Hampshire.
The successful candidate will be based within a commutable distance from Southampton and will be responsible for providing quality support throughout the factory.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of the on-site material and product testing facility.
- Perform material and product tests in accordance with internal and external procedures and specifications.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on material and tests.
- Analyse test results and prepare test reports from routine, sample and type testing, with recommendations, as required.
- Implement new testing programmes and equipment when necessary.
- Maintain quality plans and test schedules for manufacturing checks, materials and finished products.
- Provide Quality support to manufacturing to assist in continuous improvement.
- Provide corrective actions for in-process defects.
- Support the Senior Quality Engineer by collating and reporting production quality performance measures such as right first time and defect analysis.
- Ensure test equipment is maintained in a safe and calibrated condition, and assist with arrangements to carry out calibration of equipment within the test facility and related areas.
- Educated to at least HND or equivalent level in an Engineering, Science or Quality based discipline
- The successful applicant will ideally have manufacturing quality-related experience
The successful Quality Technician candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, analytical and hands-on approach. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential as is the ability to work independently and as a key member of a small team.
The role offers excellent career prospects within in a large manufacturing business. For more information, please call Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.