Property & Development Associate Director - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Working for a global leader in Property Management, our client whose regional headquarters is based in Dubai is planning to hire a PDS Associate Director with the view of being appointed for a January 2018 start.
About Our Client
Our client is a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. They help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.Theyre a Fortune 500 company who work across 80 countries, close to 300 different office locations, with a team of over 50,000 employees.
What this job involves:
Based in Abu Dhabi, this position to work alongside the Head of Cost Management, Abu Dhabi and delivering the firms Project & Development Services to existing clients in Abu Dhabi. Combining project management service delivery with business development the successful candidate will play a key role in building the firms P&DS capabilities and team in the region.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day delivery of project management services for a client either individually or where appropriate as a team leader, and with the department head be responsible for developing and growing the firms P&DS business in Abu Dhabi.
· Assist in the preparation and implementation of the business plan for the P&DS business in Abu Dhabi· Develop the company's capabilities to deliver international standard professional project and development management services Abu Dhabi· Liaise with the company;s P&DS personnel in other locations to leverage best practice, collateral and systems to support the development and delivery of services in Abu Dhabi· Assist in identifying, targeting and pursuing prospective clients in the Abu Dhabi market · Assist in building the profile of the company in the region as a leading provider of project and development management services· Prepare services presentations and marketing collateral and prepare and deliver new business pitches, proposals and tenders
· Participate in negotiation of new appointments, contracts and service agreements · Prepare and implement budgets, time schedules and resourcing plans for secured appointments;· Manage and be responsible for the successful execution of assignments, either individually or as the team lead to ensure work is completed in accordance with the objectives, time frame and budget agreed with the client · Maintain relationship with client, the consultant team, contractors, property owners and other stakeholders to ensure the efficient delivery of the project;· Prepare regular reports to the client on project status, cost position vs budget, variations, time frame and critical dates· Identify and facilitate opportunities for introducing other company services
· In coordination with senior management, assist the Head of Project Management in MEAN establish and manage a project management team in line with the growth of the business;· Liaise with, manage and mentor departmental and site staff and, working with HR, facilitate training and development programs for P&DS staff in relation to HSE, building services and operations;· Enhance and promote a customer-centric culture throughout the organization· Respect and adhere to the corporate Code of Business Ethics
Reporting and Measurement:
· Day to day reporting will be to the Director of Project Management , MEAN· Liaison and coordination with the regional senior management team, country and business line heads;· Contribute to the preparation of business plans and status reports for the P&DS business line as required;· Achieve projected financial measures, including revenue targets, profit margins, new business wins, appointment retention's and other agreed KPIs.
The position will be based in Abu Dhabi but will require travel both within the UAE and throughout the MEAN region.
Ideal applicant profile:
· Highly motivated, self starter able to work with minimal supervision· Adaptable and capable of integrating well within a highly international environment of high caliber individuals· Strong technical knowledge of building development, construction and fit out · Excellent project management and organizational skills · Culturally sensitive and able to work well with co-workers from a variety of international backgrounds and inspire confidence and trust by Clients· Excellent presentation and business development skills · Strong communication & selling skills· Strong technical and operational skills· High level of professional integrity· Good analytical and report writing skills · High proficiency with MS office including superior MS Excel, MS Project and Word skills and with specialist project management software
· Professional qualification in a Real Estate, Project Management or Building Engineering related discipline (MBA, M Eng or equivalent degree from a reputable University and/or professional Project Management qualification)· Extensive experience in Project and/or Development Management in UAE, especially Abu Dhabi· Proven success in an international corporate environment · Proven experience in growing a successful Project or Development Management business
· 10+ years of professional experience within the project and development management environment· A successful project management of commercial office fir out,new build and mixed use projects· Perfect command of English with fluency in Arabic and advantage· Familiar with the Abu Dhabi and UAE markets, service providers and business practices
*Please note, interviews and offers of employment will happen between August and September, official start dates Jan 2018. Therefore if youre immediately available, this opportunity probably isnt for you. Applicants who are currently employed and planning for their next more are more suited to apply.
For further information about this career opportunity, please email Andrew Rowlstone on to arrange a confidential discussion.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.