ATC Deployment / Maintenance Engineer Location PrestwickExperience Level Mid Sector Transport and Traffic Air Traffic Management Description of the PositionA fantastic opportunity has arisen...
ATC Deployment / Maintenance Engineer
Location - Prestwick
Experience Level - Mid
Sector - Transport and Traffic - Air Traffic Management
Description of the Position
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ATC Deployment Engineer within the market of ATC (Air Traffic Control) working for Indra UK Branch (ATC SW applications supplier world lead).
Our clients are ANSP around the world, including NATS, AVINOR, ENAIRE, etc.
The Position's available will be based in Prestwick and main customer will be NATS.
Previous experience of working within ITs Deployment projects with good understanding of Linux and ITs is essential.
The Deployment Engineer is responsible for installing ATC applications and their infrastructure, in laboratories and customer facilities, produce facilities designs and update documentation, issues troubleshooting and investigation, follow-up, report to managers and customer, understand client requirements, etc.
You will need a demonstrable background in the deployment of mid/large-scale Applications and Architecture projects, an understanding of how IT technologies impact on and are impacted by other IT infrastructure technologies, and should be used to working within a controlled Change Management environment.
Collaborate with System Engineer Managers, Project/Programme Managers, Technical Design Authorities and clients to implement solutions based on approved designs to the required timescales.
You will be capable of implementing ATC application solutions (ATC Software and IT infrastructures) in an efficient and effective manner the emphasis being on service excellence and right first time delivery with personal time management being a key component of daily life.
Main aspects/responsibilities to be considered:
- Installation of HW component (such as memory, graphic cards...) in servers and workstations.
- Deployment and configuration of Virtualized environment (ESXi and KVM) and Operating Systems (Windows and Linux) in the different facilities used by the project teams.
- Deployment and configuration of SW applications in the different facilities used by the project teams.
- Provision of support with regards to network (Cisco) configuration for the project facilities.
- Maintenance of the different project labs: troubleshooting and incident investigation, etc.
- Production of scripts to automatize installation and maintenance task and verification.
- Production of documentation and facilities designs.
- Reporting to managers and clients.
The Ideal Candidates Will Possess The Following Key Skills
Fluent in English with excellent telephone and interpersonal skills. Ability to administrate and operate Linux OS (RedHat/Centos). Ability to utilize, understand and develop scripts for different purposes. Capable of troubleshooting any issues arise in the application/system/infrastructure and resolve first line support incidents. A drive to learn with the ability to both work as directed and act on own initiative.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject.
- Languages : preferably Spanish
- Knowledge of video recording systems, preferably Nice Systems
- Knowledge of Network Storage Systems. NetApp and QNAP
- Knowledge of HA environment (pfSense, A10...)
- Experience in Real Time Environments.
- Linux system administration (preferably Redhat/Centos).
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash and/or Ksh).
- Working knowledge of virtualization (VMware, KVM)
- Knowledge of networking (multicast desirable), VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Strong system and network troubleshooting ability.
- Exposure with industry standard configuration management systems, including but not limited to Puppet, Ansible.
- Customer Facing: Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer and user.
- Actively participate in continual service improvement initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Good communication and team work skills
It would be good considered if the candidate has some interest / experience with other languages (Spanish in particular).
The candidate will be asked to do an exam to demonstrate basic knowledges about the skills required.
Closing date: 12/2/18
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.