Production SupervisorCarbon60 are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to work in a Machining environment for a large company based in Southampton. The Production Supervisor...
Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality Advisor
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a SHEQ Advisor to be based out of an office in Southampton, Hampshire. The ideal candidate will come from a civils or project based business and have a background in Quality. There is training available for the right candidate to become a SHEQ professional.
The successful SHEQ Advisor will need to be based within a commutable distance from Southampton. Travel throughout the South UK will be required and therefore a company vehicle is provided as part of this generous package.
- Assuring the provision of quality measures and data as required for the business operations.
- Reviewing legislation for Quality and advising on the applicability.
- Operating an internal audit system to meet ISO 9001 requirements.
- Facilitating external audits of the Management System.
- Assisting in the assessment of new suppliers, auditing management systems and confirming quality approvals.
- Conducting an annual review and ensuring the quality activities align with corporate policies.
- Developing best practice procedures.
- Update and format the SHEQ section of the Company Intranet with relevant information.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Candidates will have knowledge of Quality Assurance practices and legislation
- An understanding of ISO9001 and ISO1005
- A certificate in Quality Management.
- Relevant quality, environment and auditing experience.
- Experience and knowledge of management systems and methodologies.
- Knowledge of risk management best practices.
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate in Health and Safety would be desirable but not essential
- Cross-functional project management experience.
Training will be provided to enable the following:
- Advising on Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues as required (including preventing injury to personnel and damage to Environment, plant and equipment.
- Attending site visits where required to ascertain SHEQ issues specific to that project.
- SHEQ audits on all sites
- Advise on adequate training relating to SHEQ for employees and monitor the effectiveness of this training.
- Ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, supporting regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Greater understanding of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, SHEQ Plans, and Environmental Aspect registers
- Reporting and investigation of accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with Installation Group Procedure.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress to a SHEQ Advisor role with a global business. The salary, package and progression available is highly competitive, with the opportunity to complete further training too. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.