Mechanical Technician Material Recycling Facility £30-32k plus benefits DartfordAn opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading Waste Management companies, transforming everyday waste into...
An international Defence and Space company is looking for a Mechanical Technician to join its team in Stevenage on a 6-month contract basis.
Outline Job Profile:
- To work from electronic instructions and drawings to produce satellite panels and assemblies.
- Installation of grounding points using skin to skin and riv. nut techniques.
- Large structure assembly - fitting of cleats and brackets plus general fitting and assembly of small riveted aluminum piece parts.
- Bonding tye-bases, plates and other equipment.
- To record information within appendices and on electronic production system.
- To work in accordance with Local, Company and Project specific methods and procedures including relevant cleanroom and cleanliness requirements.
Experience and skills:
- Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions.
- Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar.
- Fitting, bonding, general assembly.
- Experience of working to specific methods and procedures.
- Working to procedures with checkpoints/quality gates.
- Previous experience in industries such as Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport as a mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker or time served mechanical technician.
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level
This role currently works to rotating shifts. Some weekend working may be required at peak times.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.