An international defence and space company is looking for a Configuration Manager to join its team on a 6-month contract basis.Missions and activitiesControl of project(s)...
An international defence and space company is looking for a Configuration Manager to join its team on a 6-month contract basis.
Missions and activities
- Control of project(s) Configuration Process & Plans in a team environment, in collaboration with other CADM Team members, reporting directly to the local CADM Team Leader.
- A Configuration Manager may be assigned to several projects and is expected to act as a team player in a shared workload environment.
- The Configuration Manager will be responsible for all Project Configuration, in collaboration with the Project Team and the local CADM Team Leader.
- Occasional overseas Travel may be required.
- Ensure Project CADM Team(s) are able to deliver in accordance with Company processes.
- Act as a focal point for Configuration Management for Projects.
- Documentation may cover ITAR data (eligibility to handle ITAR is mandatory for this role) some Projects may require classified data handling, higher security clearance may be required and will be managed by local Team Leads.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as within a team, efficiently and methodically with good organisational and interpersonal skills is essential.
- Provide guidance and support to the Project Team inclusive of CADM.
- The quality of document/data management is a prerequisite for good project configurationcontrol.
- The Configuration Manager is accountable for ensuring the correct registration and assignment in the Company Product Data Management (PDM) Tool.
- Excellent communication/teamwork with all internal stakeholders is essential.
- The Configuration Manager will correspond with their nominated counterparts in the customer and lower tier partners and suppliers and ensure recording of external documentation into the PDM system.
- Ensure all documents and Data-packs are circulated and delivered to meet Project requirements.
- Good communication with all external stakeholders is essential.
- Internal and external document/data management covering:
- Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting.
- Support/deputise for Project CM including CCB activities and PDM tool administration.
- Recording of documents in the company PDM (Product Data Management) database Creation and control of metadata.
- Distribution of documents/data and creation of Data-packs.
- Monitor and control the quality of internal documents via the formal check.
- Support Project end users for document related queries.
- Develop processes & Tool improvements to deliver efficient Business solutions.
- Where required recording and controlling non-document data (media etc.).
- Support to Project Configuration Manager and/or Local Team Leader as required.
- Full Configuration Management knowledge in:
- Configuration Identification.
- Product Structure.
- Baseline Management.
- Change Management including Status Accounting.
- Previous experience of file/data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero.......).
- Previous experience of Product Data Management tools (Windchill, Teamcenter....).
- IT Literate with MS Office Tools.
- Aerospace/Space Engineering background preferred.
Required qualification level
- Good standard of education, HNC, Diploma, NVQ Level 5 or similar.
- Oral & written English Language essential.
- CM II or equivalent qualification desirable.
- French/German languages advantageous.
- Configuration Management experience in a technical or data management environment, or Engineering Design/Manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a sensitive data environment advantageous.
- Aerospace, Space, Military, Automotive, Petro-Chemical (any industry with rigorous configuration control).
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.