Procurement Engineer BristolCarbon60 are currently recruiting for a Procurement Engineer to be part of a large manufacturing and engineering business based in Bristol. The Procurement...
Procurement Engineer - Bristol
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Procurement Engineer to be part of a large manufacturing and engineering business based in Bristol.
The Procurement Engineer will be responsible for providing goods and services at the lowest total cost, maintaining supplier relationships and resolving issues. The Procurement Engineer will require a good commercial awareness and be able to quickly analyse the key challenges and opportunities for short and long term results.
The ideal applicant will be based local to Bristol and will have exposure to a manufacturing, engineering or automotive industry.
- To provide goods and services at the lowest total cost
- Achieve cost reduction targets
- Commodity management and contract management of supplier relationships
- Supply chain risk management and simplification
- Contribute to the development of the procurement and supplier development strategy
- Communicate and resolve part supply issues
- Identify and implement improvements to the procurement function
Qualifications & Experience:
- BTEC / ONC / HNC / HND / OND in Engineering or similar qualification/experience
- Conversant with engineering drawings.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing, automotive or engineering environment
- Experience of working with an Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Experience with Purchasing, Cost Reduction, Negotiation and Contract Management.
Additional Beneficial Experience:
- Supplier sourcing and management.
- Experience of working in an Automotive Quality environment.
- Chartered Institute Of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
This is an excellent opportunity with an exciting and popular business. There is opportunities for progression and some excellent benefits! For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.