Electrical Specialist Engineer AITA highly motivated and experienced technically competent electrical engineer, to work within a mixed skilled team of AIT electrical and systems engineers...
Electrical Specialist Engineer AIT
A highly motivated and experienced technically competent electrical engineer, to work within a mixed skilled team of AIT electrical and systems engineers performing electrical and functional testing, from test sequence preparation, debug and execution within an automated test environment on bespoke non-flight and flight spacecraft hardware and software.In addition to the technical responsibilities, there is a need to drive tests through to completion from draft test specification, through sequence writing, debugging, test procedure and TRR data pack preparation as well as performing the test and issuing the execution test report.These tasks are carried out under the direction of the project AIT Electrical Lead and the Department Functional Manager as well as the Project specific AIT Manager in accordance with Electrical Test Services department processes.All aspects of manufacturing, assembly, Integration and test (C-AIT - Portsmouth, Stevenage, Friedrichshafen & Toulouse)GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to the project specific Electrical AIT Lead for all electrical integration and functional tests assigned
- Provide mentoring to less experienced members of the team, acting as `buddy to develop junior AIT engineers
- establish comprehensible technical relationships with the project specific architects, system engineers and the FV engineers
- In line with the overall AIT schedule, advise and support the AIT Manager as requested in planning and scheduling AIT electrical tasks,
- Support electrical preparation and operational tasks, ensuring the correct engineering skills, materials and documentation,
- ensure that Electrical Test Services Department processes and specific Project requirements are adhered to
- support project reviews and manage the implementation of the electrical AIT actions as required,
- Support project specific non-conformance reviews,provide daily feedback to the project AIT Electrical Lead and S/C Team Leader on all electrical AIT activities and issues you are involved inKEY TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and interpretation of electrical test requirements.
- Provide test solutions.
- Definition of project and project test equipment requirements.
- To provide technical inputs to formal project reviews.
- Preparation of test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Performing electrical integration and automated test at unit, subsystem & system level.
- Development of Automatic Test procedures (ATP) using a bespoke high level S/W language, for execution of the test and control of the test environment.
- Ensure standard satellite electrical AIT processes are applied for bespoke project specific AIT requirements,
- Spacecraft electrical test and support during environmental test and launch activities.
- Work to company and departmental procedures and maintain adherence to EN 9001.
- Definition of electrical test aids and overseeing the procurement, manufacture and validation.
- Working closely with system engineers and subsystem architects to ensure AIT requirements are embedded in the unit and subsystem design.
- Mentoring junior electrical engineers in all aspects of integration, automated test methodology and associated tasks.
- Provide technical input to enhance department procedures and processesTECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:An excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of electrical/ electronic space system testing or similar within an automated test environment with competent software/test sequence writing skills.KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be able to perform as the focus of a team and be able to recognise and capitalise on the abilities of individual staff,
- Able to focus a small team of engineers on a schedule of activities and motivate them to produce outputs in line with scheduled requirements.
- Able to present technical data to peers, and internal and external customers in a coherent manner.ESSENTIAL REQUIRMENTS:
- Self-motivated and able to learn quickly through on-the-job experience.
- Competent in the use of various test equipment used for electrical, data and RF measurements, e.g. DMM, milliohm meter, oscilloscope, signal generator, logic analyser, network analyser, data bus monitors, etc.
- Current hands-on experience of writing test sequence for execution of the test and control of the test environment.
- Current experience in taking a senior role and managing their own and others tasks.
- Overseas travelDESIRABLE REQUIRMENTS:
- Spacecraft electrical knowledge.
- Spacecraft subsystem technical knowledge and awareness, e.g. Data Handling, Packet Utilisation Standards, Spacecraft Configuration Vector (SCV), Equipment management functions, Data Bus Communications - 1553, Spacewire, Attitude &, Orbital Control, Star Trackers, Gyros, Momentum Wheels, Power systems, batteries, Solar Arrays, Thermal Control, heaters, thermostats, etc.,
- Software/ Hardware compatibility testing,
- Electrical fault, investigatory and diagnosis experience,
- Awareness of cleanroom disciplines,
- Knowledge of and experience in a Model Based Development & Verification Environment.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.