Project Manager for execution and delivery of Engineering Projects to work for a leading Aerospace company situated in Gloucester.Details of contract· Due to start ASAP·...
An international Defence and Space company is looking for a Project Manager to join its team in Stevenage on a 12-month contract basis, to focus on transformation and improvements within the company.The successful candidate will be responsible for improving the "Lean Maturity" of the site through the implementation of Lean methodology and culture change.
This position will be responsible for delivering savings commitment of a Mechanical Assembly Integration and Test department through defining and managing the site MAIT Improvement Plan.
You will be responsible for successfully delivering improvement projects, ensuring targets are met and in-line with business expectations.
You will also coach, train and mentor the MAIT teams in continuous improvement, lean tools and techniques.Job Profile:
- Responsible for defining and delivering a credible 12 month improvement plan.
- Responsible for continually reviewing and reducing the "AIT Cost Base" and "Ready for Bid Price" through improvement opportunities generated by MAIT and other business units. This is for all MAIT customers; Mechanical Platform (T-BD), Antennas, Mechanisms & ENS.
- Responsible for delivering Lean Improvement Projects on Quality, on Time and on Cost.
- Drive specific problem solving/improvement activities.
- Lead and support the streamlining of processes.
- Responsible for reporting the status of the Improvements Projects and controlling of cost.
- Responsible for standardisation of Lean MAIT Processes, documentation and working methods across Stevenage.
- Responsible for the promotion of Lean education and awareness in Stevenage ensuring a standardised approach with other sites where possible.
- Develop and deliver training concepts for lean competences including Qualification matrix, coaching and mentoring Lean agents and employees as required.
- Develop and deploy Lean communication plans both internally and externally.
- Support any cross-site, trans-functional and trans-national improvement actions.
- Must show good level of experience in Lean Methodology through implementation of lean concepts and use of lean tools.
- Must be fluent in Lean terminology.
- Proven in an manufacturing environment.
- Project or functional team leadership experience.
- Lean Implementation experience.
- Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule.
- Space, Aerospace, Manufacturing or other Engineering sector.
- Experience in Practical Problem Solving (PPS), running Kaizen workshops, implementing visual management in production and office environment.
- Experience in leading improvement projects.
- A background in an engineering/production environment, preferably within the space sector.
- Confident communicator.
- Open minded, creative and proactive mind set.
- Strong ability to engage and motivate personnel.
- Shows initiative.
- Ability to lead a project team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experienced in documentation writing.
- Trained to Green Belt Level.
- Black Belt trained
Education & Training:
- HNC in an engineering discipline, exemplary communication skills and training in project management.
- Must show evidence of recent continual Lean training/development.
- Black Belt level qualification ideal.
- Some travel to other UK and European sites
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.