Production Scheduler:Our client is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. They are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions...
An international Defence and Space company is looking for a Production Controller to join its team in Stevenage on a 6-month contract basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the control of business unit/customer orders. This is achieved by efficient management and expedition of procured and manufactured items, as well as solely controlling the flow of work required to meet the delivery of a product to cost and schedule.Job Profile:
- Input into and maintain Production Schedules.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the live status of products in the production controllers product remit.
- Ensure kits/works orders are released on time and expedite them to meet the planned delivery dates.
- Support the manufacturing area manager with work centre forecasts from the company stock control/forecasting tool.
- Give visibility to the Production & Manufacturing Managers at the weekly operations reviews.
- Regularly create and review the status of works orders in their product remit.
- Manage material supply issues to avoid potential delivery slippages.
- Timely release of purchase requisitions.
- Ensure full traceability for all products issued to manufacturing.
- Monitor drawing release activity and adherence to production schedules.
- Report any delay, investigate impact/recovery and ensure project are charged for respective changes to schedule/effort.
- Input and maintain production data required by the company stock control tool.
- Effectively report status of product to core project and manufacturing teams.
- Analyse and report potential impacts derived from the Shortage Risk Reports.
- Propose solutions in the event of shortages.
- Identify schedule recovery opportunities from changing production work flow.
- Investigate customer orders on receipt and notify project management to any non-conformance i.e. requirement outside of nominal SAP lead-time/ direct charges budget etc.
- Manage the transfer of materials to satisfy project/company demand, paying particular attention to ITAR/IPR & EEE items.
- Fully support shipments in accordance with LDS.0096.
- Advise on kit issues/anomalies with the shop floor and ensure kits have been picked as identified on the kit shortage report.
- Progress chasing activities.
- Extensive experience of working in a manufacturing environment within Aerospace/defence industries.
- Extensive experience using an MRP/ERP tool (preferably SAP).
- Knowledge of how to interpret information from P3 (Primavera).
- Able to work in volatile/high pressure environments to resolve material supply problems.
- Able to prioritise workload effectively.
- Experience with Bill of Material (BoM) management.
- Confident to communicate clearly to all interfaces.
- Can work on own initiative.
- Implemented an MRP system (preferably SAP).
- Manufacturing systems degree or other relevant qualification.
- Leading a small team.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Reporting to internal & external customers.
- Working within a Production Control team.
Must show knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, materials management and comprehensive knowledge of using a stock management tool.Education & Training: The candidate will need to have A-Level grades and be computer literate (competent with the MS Windows, Office environments) with good communication skills - a quick learner, flexible & adaptable and an eye for detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.