Ultrasonic Device Development EngineerCarbon60 are currently recruiting for an Ultrasonic Device Development Engineer to work for an innovative business who specialise in harsh environment piezoelectric...
Ultrasonic Device Development Engineer
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an Ultrasonic Device Development Engineer to work for an innovative business who specialise in harsh environment piezoelectric devices and materials. The ultrasonic products will be used for condition monitoring in a variety of industrial sectors including Nuclear, Manufacturing, Process Control and Oil & Gas.
The Ultrasonic Device Development Engineer will become a key member of the team and will focus on introducing harsh environment, ultrasonic piezoelectric devices and materials. This may include sensors, actuators and transducers.
- To design, apply and test ultrasonic devices for harsh environments (including sensors & transducers)
- Model and simulate acoustic/piezoelectric devices by use of Matlab, beam tracing tools and/or FEA
- Utilise knowledge of manufacturing and assembly to advise and guide a developing team in the construction of ultrasonic tools/products.
- Project Management of client facing and internal projects
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve issues and ensure product requirements are met.
Ideal Person Specification:
- PhD or Master's degree in either Ultrasonics/Science/Engineering. Alternatively, equivalent experience in research/design/production/manufacturing
- Knowledge of Ultrasound physics, signal processing, transducer design, modelling, assembly and/or testing.
- Capable of contributing to new device ideas
- Knowledge of electric and/or electronic devices, circuits and theories
- Skilled at one or more programming language (E.g. C++, Matlab, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Maintain a hands-on approach to device assembly, test and evaluation
- Capacity to complete product-focussed research and report findings
Additional Relevant Experience:
- Exposure to developing leading edge products and/or publications/patents
- Strong analytical skills
- Product development from conception to release.
- Signal processing, software engineering
- High temperature / high pressure devices
- UT PCN Level qualifications or equivalent ultrasonic testing inspection experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative business and become a key contributor to current and future ultrasonic projects. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.