Senior Buyer There is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Buyer to work for a world leading manufacturing company who are working with the biggest...
We are currently recruiting for a Strategic Buyer for a position within a well-established engineering company at their site based in Stafford. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced direct buyer seeking a contract/interim position for a duration of six months.
This role will involve the organisation of New Product Introductions (NPI) and the procurement of a range of commodities whilst liaising with supply chain teams in Canada and around Europe.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing a number of direct materials for NPI and electronics manufacturing
- Liaising with other branches around the UK, assisting them to achieve their service requirements
- Cost reduction planning
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Market analysis
- Identify and negotiate with new suppliers.
- Collaborate with all internal departments.
- Perform Supplier assessments to ensure maximum efficiency and capability
- Be CIPS qualified and hold a degree
- Have 3+ year's experience in purchasing
- Have had at least 3 year's experience in NPI
- Be comfortable and confident with negotiation
- Have worked with direct commodities
Interviews for this role will be held shortly so apply now to be considered.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.