Senior Systems Engineer (Battery Management) South East GermanyJob Type: Full time, PermanentSalary: €Competitive The Role: Our client is an exciting new start-up Aviation company...
Senior Systems Engineer (Battery Management) - South East Germany
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Our client is an exciting new start-up Aviation company based in South East Germany.
With the continued success of the company, there is now a requirement for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their Battery Management team.
Reporting to the Head of the Department of Energy Storage, you will be responsible for interface control and management the battery development.
- Development of airworthy battery management, and coordination of hardware and software implementation.
- Development, implementation and validation of eVTOL energy management concepts.
- Coordination of BMS/EMS integration with high power circuits, avionics, instruments and controls.
- Cell and battery modelling on different fidelity levels.
- Support of cell characterisation and tests.
- Support of aircraft operation improvements regarding optimised operation and ageing of the battery, including charging strategies.
- Close cooperation with departments for hardware and software development, avionics systems, and flight control.
- Support of verification and validation according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311.
- Support of development of series production, maintenance and operating processes.
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management.
Experience and Skills:
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in in electrical engineering, physics or a related field required.
- Strong knowledge of battery technology, particularly Li-ion battery technology.
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art Li-ion battery management.
- Experience in embedded hardware and software development.
- Experience in use of electrical and cell measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of cell and system modelling and simulation.
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace field is a plus.
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
For more information, please contact Jenna Johnson at Carbon60 Global in Exeter on 01392 420613 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.