Recruitment ConsultantAre you a Recruiter ready for a fresh challenge within an exciting business'? This is an exciting time to be part of our Carbon60...
Client: Leading British Retailer
Location: Central London
Position: SQL Consultant
Duration: 6 month initial contract
Daily Rate: £400 - £450 per day
Our client is currently looking for an experience SQL Consultant to lead the support of complex system application, integration and database components, and take responsibility for the operational running of the SQL processes, like PDL refresh. You'll be a gatekeeper on new developments being released in the Production environment and the SME for SQL processes for their Environments and Support team.
- Input into the functional requirements and implementation approach on large and/or complex projects, taking into account fit with existing or planned systems architecture.
- Specify, design & Implement systems fixes, selecting/adhering to appropriate design standards, methods and tools.
- Review and Sign off handover documentation
- Set standards for acceptable documentation handover
- Take ownership of SQL documentation management - version control etc
- Monitor performance & capacity advising enhancements/efficiencies as required
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required
- Identify and proactively resolve operational SSQL issues within defined SLA's
- Oversee and/or undertake test (unit, system, user, acceptance) as required
- Take technical ownership of change & release process.
- In conjunction with the Development Team, responsible for co-ordinating complex or irregular maintenance/upgrades
- Configuration is fully managed in Production environment
- Manage application and patch management
- Work with PCD environment manager and to make sure there's provision for adequate systems capacity
- Manage application access and controls for new users/leavers
- Own scheduling of SQL processes
- Manage data flow in/out of applications environment
Nature and Scope
- To deliver against the key accountabilities, the SQL Operations support SME will be expected to:
- Work independently to meet objectives, quality standards and deadlines
- Work in an environment where delivery targets move and situations are ambiguous
- Plan work for self and others, and delegate responsibilities to deliver within agreed scope, activities and deadlines
- Take responsibility for own technical work and/or project and/or supervisory responsibilities
- Determine work sequencing based on objectives and priorities given
- Feedback/Engage with users/stakeholders as required
- Engage and co-ordinate other PSIT/JL/WTR/GCI support resources as required
- Be perceived as a credible and trustworthy SME
- Challenge assumptions and probe details
- Manage and assess significant risks and act as an escalation point
- Manage own time and that of others and be responsive and adaptable regarding conflicting demands
- Demonstrate a solid level of awareness of business issues in own operational/project environment
- Consistently demonstrate strong analysis and decision-making skills while considering and understanding strategic implications
- Adopt a logical, coherent and consistent approach to solving day-to-day problems
- Undertake problem determination and resolution and define action plan for complex issues. Provide consultancy to Development teams, quality assure the solution or resolution of problem.
- Work with Development Teams to proactively prevent recurrence of problem, including advice on minimum standards.
- Follows up on fixes/issues passed to development to resolution
- Attend various entities (CAB, DA, RB) as representative of Operations.
- Uses service now Incidents, Problems and changes tickets
- Is the point of contact for SQL Operations from other divisional teams
- Signs off on all changes to the SQL operations early in the process (not just at release stage)
- Thinks creatively: applies solutions that will benefit customers in an innovative way
Required Skills and experience
- Systems design - Strong
- Programming / software development - Excellent
- Investigative Skills - Excellent
- Application Governance knowledge - Excellent
- Technical specialism - Strong
- Database/repository design - Strong
- Relevant knowledge and industry experience
- Has appropriate knowledge of project planning methodology
- Development methodology
- Estimation methodology
- RDBMS technology & development (DB2 preferred)
- Service Now
If you feel you are a suitable fit for this position then please do apply below
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.