The Senior Software engineer is responsible to the head of product engineering for executing allocated MoTaKo (Mobile Tactical Communication) software work packages within agreed cost,...
Senior Electronics Engineer
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Senior Electronics Engineer to work for a large engineering business based in the South West. The Electronics Engineer will have the opportunity to provide support for all current and future electronics and software systems to ensure the company remains a respected market leader.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of various technologies and the implementation of these into industrial environments.
Key areas of interest include:
- Analogue sensor monitoring and filtering
- Digital microcontrollers
- Power electronics
- Digital communications
- Low power/battery design
- Knowledge of programming these systems would also be of benefit
The successful candidate will become a key part of a multitalented team and will be focusing on the complete product life cycle.
- Development of specifications and designs to meet customer needs
- Development, verification and delivery of industrial product designs
- Incorporation of new technologies to provide best solutions
- Ensuring designs meet environment and regulatory requirements
- Preparation of documentation packs to support work completed
- Minimum Bachelor Hons Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or equivalent
- Writing Hardware specifications
- CAD design tools experience and ability to perform basic PCB layout tasks
- Can design basic analogue circuits and robust digital systems
- Power electronics/motor control circuits/wireless design/low power design/design for manufactur
- Testing & debugging/Design for EMC (and testing)
- Industrial network protocols (Such as MODBUS, Profibus, Fieldbus, HART, etc.)
- Understand firmware (written in C) to assist in debugging designs
- Can write basic C code to prove the hardware operation of a board
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading business who are at the forefront of their industry. The role also offers excellent progression opportunities and benefits. For further details, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.