As the worlds leading supplier of aerospace critical control solutions, this client helps their customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel...
Electronics Supplier Quality Engineer
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an Electronics Supplier Quality Engineer to work for a large Engineering business based in the South West.
The Electronics Supplier Quality Engineer will work with worldwide suppliers to reduce the defect rate within their PCBAs. Applicants will ideally come from a Production environment and will have a comprehensive knowledge of the PCB Manufacturing process.
- Reduce defect rate from PCBA suppliers
- Liaise with worldwide suppliers of PCB assemblies to drive improvements
- Implement corrective and preventative actions in partnership with suppliers, purchasing, engineering and production
- Analyse and present supplier performance data
- Evaluate process and/or product problems, reporting on causes
- Follow up on defect reports with suppliers
- Evaluate non-conforming material
- Conduct supplier assessments
- Approve new components/assemblies
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent experience in Electronics or Engineering
- Quality assurance or production experience in a PCB assembly and/or test environment
- Exposure to both SMD and conventional components
- Practical awareness of the PCBA manufacturing processes; surface mount and through hole components (Including stencil printing, pick and place, wave solder, reflow and AOI)
- Implementation of closed loop solutions for PCBA manufacturing problems
- Understanding or industrial electronics and their relationship with other equipment
- Understanding of IPC standards (IPC600 & IPC610)
- Working knowledge of ISO9001
- Knowledge/experience of ATE and Flying Probe would be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a firm understanding of the electronics manufacturing process. The company offers excellent benefits and opportunities for progression. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.