Supplier Quality Engineer Die CastingsCarbon60 are currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer with experience in an Aluminium Die Casting environment. The Supplier Quality Engineer...
Supplier Quality Engineer - Die Castings
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer with experience in an Aluminium Die Casting environment. The Supplier Quality Engineer work from an office in the South West, UK and will be heavily involved with implementing best practice for design and manufacture of die castings.
The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge in aluminium die castings and have exposure to either a manufacturing support, process or quality engineering role.
- Maintain close contact with engineering team and suppliers during NPI activities
- Ensure transfer of products between suppliers is carried out as best as possible.
- Ensure specifications & requirements for die castings and processes are clearly defined, documented and reviewed.
- Assist with investigations of processes or product problems relating to die castings
- Work with strategic sourcing team to identify new suppliers and conduct initial assessments
- Monitor performance of die casting suppliers, developing actions to drive improvement.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical or Metallurgical Discipline, ore equivalent experience
- Experience in an aluminium die casting environment as either a manufacturing support, process engineering or quality role
- Firm understanding of die casting processes
- Understanding of tool design and simulation tools (e.g. Magmasoft/Procast)
- Understanding 3D models and 2D engineering drawings.
- Application of tools (e.g. SPC, PFMEA, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma)
- Good working knowledge of ISO9001.
- The ability to influence others to achieve quality and cost improvements.
- The ability to communicate at all levels, including quick, concise and accurate report writing.
- A positive attitude to change management and continuous improvement.
Additional Desired Characteristics:
- Lead Assessor ISO 9001 training would be advantageous
- Solid Edge experience would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of precision machining and measurement activities (CMM)
This is a great opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer or Die Casting professional to join a large and reputable business. The role offers excellent benefits and progression, as well as an opportunity to work for a market leading business. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings on 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.