CATIA V5 Design EngineerSTEVENAGEOur client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems. Their activities cover complete civil and military telecommunications...
Design Engineer - Solenoids & Valves
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to work for a large engineering business based in Bristol.
The successful Design Engineer will use AutoCad 2D and Inventor 3D design packages to design various solenoids and valves for industrial automation and flow control applications.
The Design Engineer will be required to accurately produce design drawings and carry out analysis to identify inaccuracies and propose improvements.
- Work from specifications to design new products and components
- Generate design schemes and provide initial drawings for prototype production and testing
- Analyse design requirements (E.g. Flow characteristics, coil power and heating, magnetic circuits and structural integrity/FEA)
- Interpret sketches/design concepts to produce 3D models, drawings and presentation material
- Convert prototype drawings into production designs
- Produce manufacturing drawings and BOMs
- Participate in new product introduction (NPI) using APQP processes and by completing DFMEA on proposed designs
Education & Qualifications
- Hold an engineering degree/apprenticeship in relevant subject, or similar experience with a related qualification such as an ONC or HND
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience or understanding of design principles for solenoids and valves will be beneficial
- Use of AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D design packages
- Design experience of high volume, high specification components, including plastic mouldings
- Understanding of electrical theories, stress/strain, force & pressure and use in design FMEA process
- Familiar with design analysis tools FEA, Flow modelling, Magnetic Flux
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a large and innovative engineering business, which offers fantastic benefits and opportunities for progression. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.