Job SummaryA challenging role undertaking a full range of engineering activities within the environmental test skill area, where the primary role is to configure, instrument...
A challenging role undertaking a full range of engineering activities within the environmental test skill area, where the primary role is to configure, instrument and undertake test operations on space equipment using specialist Thermal Vacuum, Climatic, Vibration and Shock testing facilities to meet customer quality test standards and requirements.
- Use of facilities to achieve test specification requirements.
- Design and manufacture of bespoke test setups and tooling.
- Mechanical operations on test facilities to support desired test setup.
- Review and analysis of post test data.
- Compiling of test data, producing test certification and reports.
- Responsible for the production of local documentation (LDS).
- Maintain test instrumentation, facilities and equipment.
- Liaise with internal and external customers about their projects.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical testing within either an automated or manual test environment, with competent software skills.
- Knowledge of the electrical / mechanical testing of high value high precision assemblies.
- Understanding and practical application of Health & Safety regulations.
- Computer Literacy - especially in Microsoft office software.
- Engineering knowledge - the ability to understand and use both mechanical and electrical formulae (resistances, currents, power values, theoretical loads and bending moments).
- Understanding of technical documents (drawings, procedures, technical notes)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.