Engineering Systems Support Officer Summary:To increase Engineering effectiveness by supporting, improving, standardising, and documenting business systems and processes. To support plant based Engineers in the...
Luton Borough Council are looking for an experienced Planning Officer. The role is based at Luton Town Hall and will match the skills of an experienced Planning Officer with experience of dealing with high volume of applications.
Hours: Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours a week
- Advise and negotiate with relevant stakeholders on development proposals to promote and achieve a high standard of development within the town and to maintain good professional working standards.
- Prepare formal written statements resisting appeals against planning decisions taken by the Council to justify and support those decisions
- Investigate breaches of planning control and recommend action to be taken
- Deal with approximately 11,000 applications on an annual basis.
- To provide professional expertise to support the planning function.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Town and Country Planning OR equivalent qualification
- Able to traverse sites to make inspections (several times a day)
- Substantial experience of Development Control work in a Local Planning Authority
If you are interested in this Planning Officer Role, based in Luton Town Hall, please apply below. Thank you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.