Embedded Software Engineer required for permanent role in an internationally renowned health care company In Cambridge.Duties:Developing prototype productsDesign and implement new productsWriting software for embedded...
Our Leatherhead, Surrey based client is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. The Antennas division is looking for a junior Software Engineer / GUI Developer - an electronics, computer science or software engineering graduate with 1-2 years software design experience.
- You would be working on the Counter ID Mine Detection Product (Military Hand held, Robot and Vehicle lead devices to detect mines and other foreign metals using graphical display and heat map)
- Design, coding, debugging and testing of human machine interface software using Object Oriented Design in C++. Undertaken while working closely with hardware and software engineers to deliver specific project goals derived from product requirements
- Proficient in C++
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented design
- Windows GUI application development
- Experience in software design
- Creative and innovative problem solver, a motivated, self-starter who is eager to learn and develop
As a global leader in antenna design and development which delivers mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. They pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Their GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. Their Vehicle Intercom system provides secure and reliable communications for military vehicles around the world. They have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on their direction finding systems for search and rescue operations. This is a fantastic development opportunity for a junior Software Engineer / GUI Developer - an electronics, computer science or software engineering graduate with 1-2 years software design experience based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.