Senior BuyerGloucestershire Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to work for a large engineering business based in Gloucestershire. The Senior Buyer will be...
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to work for a large engineering business based in Gloucestershire. The Senior Buyer will be required to focus on supplier management and will be responsible for cost, quality and efficient delivery of goods.
The Senior Buyer will work from a Gloucestershire based office and will be involved with the continuous supply of purchased components and machined parts. These parts will also need to be treated by sub-contract metal/material treatment suppliers.
- Price negotiation with approved sub-contact suppliers.
- Continuity of supply of purchased parts.
- Negotiation of purchasing Terms & Conditions with suppliers.
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies to ensure delivery and order fulfilment, as well as competitive pricing.
- Developing supplier base to create reliable and sustainable sources of supply.
- Be responsible for the suppliers used based on price, delivery performance, quality and responsiveness.
- Risk management
- Cost reduction and cost control of purchased parts
- Category management
- Supplier relationship management
Relevant Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous "hands-on" experience in an engineering/manufacturing/machining environment
- Relevant qualification in either Procurement, Engineering, or similar
- Previous purchasing experience working in a similar role
- Working knowledge of an ERP system
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and inspection methods
- Negotiation skills/experience
- Global purchasing exposure, including HMRC customs import requirements
- Purchasing and/or tendering experience
- Assessment, development & management of suppliers
- Legal awareness, contract drafting and contract management
- Either hold, or be working towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or Institute of Supply Management (ISM) - desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to work for a large and market leading engineering business. The roles comes with excellent benefits and opportunities for career progression and development. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.